Tandberg Videoconference System Operation
Turn on projectors in the room with “white” remote. Even if you have multiple NEC remotes, they all use the same signal, so the one remote can turn all of them on/off. If this is a daily class, the projectors will most likely already be on; as Travis can turn them on/off remotely. There shouldn’t be anything else to do on the projectors, but if someone has changed an input on them, you may need to switch to the appropriate input (hdmi for VC, computer 1 for Smartboard)
*** VC System:
The system itself should remain “on” at all times. It will go into a standby mode after a period of non-use. All operation of system is done through the remote control:
This is the only part of the remote you would need to use, other than the number buttons for dialing an endpoint (IP address).
At the top, from left to right are video inputs:
Camera, Laptop, Document Camera, DVD, Aux
– Camera – this selects the main camera at front of room
– Laptop – if connected, a laptop feed
– Doc Cam – if connected, the document camera
– DVD – DVD/VCR in cabinet
– Aux – this selects back camera in room (but “Sony” remote needed to operate that camera
– You can also use the blue Presentation button to switch to laptop connection.
– The arrow and zoom buttons control the camera, as well as navigation when starting up a call (arrow buttons and OK)
– Volume +/- used to control total system volume
– Layout is used to move the picture in picture window of your local video feed around.
– Selfview is used if you want to see your local video feed; full screen.
Green Call button is used to dial an endpoint
Address Book button is currently unused
Red Disconnect button is used to end a call, and put system into standby
*** Dialing a system (setup a call):
Using the Number buttons and Call Button, 2 step process:
Press Green Call button, then enter IP address of endpoint you wish to call
Press Green Call button again to dial endpoint
For IP address, you would push something like this:
Green Call Button
126.96.36.199 (the “dot” is bottom left of keypad)
Green Call Button again
Red Disconnect Button
Red Disconnect Button again
If you require further assistance, please call or email:
PH: (250) 318-7848